7th Grade Art
This course is structured around the elements of art (line, shape, form, space, color, volume, and texture)
8th Grade Art
This course presents a set of studies that are structured around the Art Principles (rhythm, movement, balance, proportion, variety, emphasis, and unity).
In this course, students will be exposed to many different art forms and styles. We will study a great many artists and their work. At times students will explore the use of many different art “media” and develop the ability to apply different techniques to their artistic expression.
* A $10 lab fee, each semester, is to be paid before any supplies or grades will be released.
Art Studio 2 & 3
Pre-requisite: Art Foundations
In these “Advanced” Art Studio courses students will choose two specific media groups (Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Printmaking, Ceramics, Graphic Design, & Photography) and study art forms and styles directly related to their choice. We will study a great many artists and their work.
* A $10 lab fee is to be paid, each semester, before any supplies or grades will be released.
In this course, students will explore the use of clay as an artistic medium and develop abilities to apply different techniques in the use of clay to enhance their artistic expression. This course will allow you to gain technical skills in ceramics and grow in your understanding of the communication that takes place through art.
* A $35 lab fee is to be paid prior to the 2nd week of school.
This course is intended to teach basic photography skills and to develop an understanding of the photo process thought study and practical experiences.
* You must supply your own 35 mm camera in order to benefit and perform the class requirements.
* A $15 lab fee is to be paid prior to the 2nd week of school.
AP Art Studio
This course is an independent study that requires at least one-year senior high art. Junior and Senior’s only. Students choose from one of three categories; Drawing, 2-D Design or 3-D Design.