Connecting to Student Wifi at Hillcrest is a 3-step process.
- Connect to the HLAStudent wireless network using the personal passcode assigned to you. If you do not know your passcode, visit the main office and they can retreive it for you.
- Sign in using your Hillcrest (email@example.com) email address and password when prompted. Note: only your Hillcrest email account can be used to sign in at this prompt. A generic gmail account will not work)
- Install the security certificate on your device. The certificate only needs to be installed once per device.
WiFi Certificate Instructions
Select your device type below for instructions to download and install Hillcrest's security certificate
+ iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) Devices
Note: You must use the Safari browser on your iOS device to downlad and install this certificate.
You will be prompted with a warning message that says, "Installing this certificate will add it to the list of trusted certificates on your device." Press the Install button.
The certificate will continue to install. Once it has finished you will be presented with the following screen. Click Done
You must now enable SSL Trust. Go to: Settings App > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings and enable the entry for *.securly.com. Touch "Continue" if you receive a warning message.
You have completed the certificate install process.
+ Android Devices
Note:Your Android device will need to have a PIN set otherwise by default you can not install any certificates to the device. This is found under Settings > Security > Screen Lock
- Click here to download the Android Certificate file
- At the Name the certificate screen give the certificate name (ie. Hillcrest) and press the OK button.
- You can verify that the certificate is installed by going to Settings > Security > Trusted Credentials > User
+ Apple Computers
- Click here to download the certificate file.
- Double-click the downloaded file to initiate the installation. In the Keychain dropdown list, select "System". Then click "Add."
You may have to enter your computer password to continue.
- Now you must adjust trust settings. Navigate, in Finder, to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
- In the Keychain Access application, search for "Securly"
- Double-click to open the *.securly.com certificate.
- Click on the right triangle to expand the "Trust" area.
- Change the dropdown "When using this certificate:" to Always Trust.
- Close the certificate window. You may be asked to enter your computer password again.
+ Windows Computers
- Click here to download the Windows Certificate installer.
- Run the downloaded file to install the required certificate. You may have to enter the password for your computer or bypass a security warning to complete the installation.