Positions currently available at HLA:
Resident Life Staff
JUNIOR HIGH GIRLS BASKETBALL COACH
Hillcrest Academy Online Job Application
At Hillcrest Academy, we look for team members who…
+ Love God and follow Jesus
- People who recognize their own sinfulness and need of a Savior.
- People who have experienced the unconditional love of God in Jesus Christ and are not cynical.
- People who live in daily repentance and grace.
+ Relate to others in God's Grace
- People who have experienced God's forgiveness and readily forgive others.
- People who are honest and humble in admitting their own need for growth.
- People who seek reconciliation directly with those with whom there is conflict.
- People who are able to gracefully handle challenges that may occur.
+ Genuinely like teens and their parents
- People who love their students and the students know it.
- People who assume the care of every student every time.
- People who remember that we are partnered with parents and the church.
+ Are team players
- People who desire to serve the whole school, not just their own class or calling.
- People who inspire maximum achievement and celebrate the success of others.
- People who do not grumble or complain.
+ Are responsible
- People who perform routine tasks correctly and well.
- People who arrive on time and respect the commitments of colleagues and students.
- People who clean up their own messes.
+ Are Committed to truth, wisdom, and virtue
- People who value, read, and submit to the Bible as God's inspired and infallible Word.
- People who desire to know God and to make Him known by Word and deed.
- People who speak the truth in love.
Essential Duties for Hillcrest instructors Include:
+ Planning and Preparation
- Displays basic content knowledge and makes connections with other disciplines.
- Displays occasional use and awareness of resources available through the school or beyond.
- Develops clear assessment criteria and standards.
- Uses assessment results to plan for the class as a whole.
- Uses consistent lesson planning.
- Resolves student confusion with clarified directions and procedures.
- Prepares students for further study and teaches in a manner which students understand.
+ Instruction: Planning and Execution
- Provides vision and leadership in content area.
- Adapts learning activities using variety of techniques recognizing the importance of student learning methods, instructional goals and recent professional research.
- Practices structure in lesson planning and implementation.
- Paces each lesson with defined scheduling for learning benchmarks.
- Involves students in engaging discussions.
- Uses technology frequently.
- Develops and applies strategies to make the curriculum rigorous and relevant.
- Naturally and regularly integrates biblical principles into his/her subject.
- Provides more time and support to students needing additional help in order to promote student success.
- Uses proposed approach to assess instructional goals
- Provides enough opportunity for students to demonstrate they understand
- Provides timely feedback
- Updates grades and assignments on FAWeb
- Adheres to school intervention strategies
- Assesses students fairly and accurately according to stated clear class expectations
- Prepares students for college readiness
+ Learning Environment
- Implements classroom procedures to ensure that the classroom is safe and comfortable for all students
- Provides a classroom environment that is a place of care and respect for all
- Establishes clear standards of conduct in the classroom
- Responds to student misbehavior with positive consistent results
- Establishes a neat and tidy classroom, appropriate for learning
- Communicates importance of the work assignments
- Demonstrates a concern for students’ ability and giftedness
+ Professional Responsibilities
- Keeps state certification and ACSI certification up to date in specific teaching area
- Completes administrative duties and arrives to meetings on time
- Dresses professionally
- Adheres to the school’s required procedures for communicating to parents
- Makes occasional, successful attempts to engage families in the instructional program
- Regularly demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic attitude about Hillcrest, its community, Board and administrative decisions, and its activities
- Expresses a positive attitude toward administrative decisions even when not in agreement
- Fully engages in faculty meetings and collaboration
- Respects, works well, cooperates & collaborates with colleagues, staff, and administration
- Attends conferences/seminars and applies what he/she learns staying current in subject area
- Formulates decisions based on professional considerations
- Participates in school events
- Recognizes unsafe or inappropriate situations and environments
- Sets and meets annual goals that improve student learning
+ Community Relations
- Supports and is accountable to the Hillcrest mission
- Exhibits skill at conferencing with parents and extinguishing conflict
- Returns phone calls and e-mails in a timely fashion
- Adheres to school intervention plans for struggling students
- Stays up to date in what his/her students participate in, and frequently talks to them about it
- Shares and highlights church participation, God’s work in their life, and answers to prayer
- Demonstrates clearly the fruits of the spirit
+ Spiritual Formation
- Has a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrates spiritual maturity and desire to mentor and disciple students
- Maintains active participation in local Bible-believing church
- Treats students respectfully, and students indicate that they can approach the teacher outside of class for help
- Develops discipleship relationships with students
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click the link below to view and download a paper application
Submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment at Hillcrest Lutheran Academy is open to qualified individuals who are Christians of good character, without regard or reference to race, gender, national or ethnic origin, color, age, or disability. Hillcrest Lutheran Academy is a religious educational ministry, permitted to discriminate on the basis of religion. All prospective and current employees must agree with Hillcrest’s mission statement, and they must be willing to conduct their lives in conformity with the school’s statement of faith and the school’s declaration and agreement to ethical and moral character.